Field-Comm.net

Welcome to the feedback forum for Field-comm.net. Please let us know how we can improve this application.

• Do not post comments regarding needing work or feedback as to how you think our software works. This is for your thoughts on how we can improve our software. Thank you!

How can we improve Field-Comm.net?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Bulk order invoice should save copy of invoice to file cabinet!

When using Bulk Invoice PPO Orders - the system does not currently save a copy of the invoice to the file cabinet. I am having to go back into each invoice and then save to file cabinet. The bulk invoice feature does save time; however, it would be SOOOO much better if it would save a copy of each invoice to file cabinet automatically!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Have a photo uploaded for each property to help with locating and making sure we are at correct property. Especially for rural areas.

Other clients we have, have started implementing this and its been great. Also making sure that if there is something wrong last time that we know about it to check if that particular issue has gotten worse. For safety purposes if mold was found last time we would know to put a mask on to protect ourselves and our vendors before we go into property. Knowledge is power. Thanks.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Make your mobile system available for IPHONE and IPAD users.

would love to be able to use the mobile system with infield express. we only have IPHONE and IPAD. Do you know when they will make it available for the Apple user.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • 1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • As part of Find Order would like to suggest a column chooser addition: Vendor Contact phone #

When researching our orders by having the vendor contact phone # we can call them by adding this column to our search so we don't need to go to the Vendor tab and search for that vendor's phone #

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Adaptive Filters and Assigning Layouts to Users

From a queue management perspective, a great addition would be the ability to impose a layout, with filters that can’t be changed, on individual users. Even better would be the ability to also create adaptive filters that limit the accessible orders according to processing priorities so that only once all due today orders are attended to are the late orders made available and only once all reds are processed are future orders accessible. There would have to be exceptions built in, but I think there are ways that a user defined column could be used by administrators to exempt orders…

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Move or Change Reset Grid Settings Button

When you right click in Field-Comm it shows you options and the first on the list is "Reset Grid Settings." I have hit this more than once on occasion and it completely wipes my entire layout. I do keep my standard layout saved and re-load it again when I do accidentally reset it, but I feel this button should be either the last option on the list, or maybe have a "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?" popup box. Thanks.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Ahmad, thank you for this suggestion. I understand your frustration with accidentally clicking that option. At East Point we strive to remove all roadblocks to user’s productivity, and so we will be exploring placement options for this menu item. (FC-2905)

• Vendor Color Coding

In the today screen it would be nice to be able to color code the vendor so that at a glance when looking at the whole today screen that row would be easy to know that the WO's are out. Colors would help in that screen to know which vendor it is at a glance.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Add "last Clean" drop down

Add "Last Clean" drop down to General Tab and be able to have that field print on work orders. My customer requires that it be cleaned no sooner than 30 days and it would help to be able to see that information and not to have to search for it.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Susan, thank you for this suggestion. We are always in search of ways to improve Field-Comm, and will be looking into that for you. While this request is in review, I can suggest a way that you might be able to track your cleaning dates. You could add a new column to your User Defined Columns grid (which is visible below the work order line item section of the work order). If you created a new column to track that information you could then also see that information in the order list of the Find Orders screen. If you are unsure of how to use the User Defined Columns feature, feel free to call our training team at 860-761-0001 ext 2 and they would be happy to help you out.

• Accounting button

It would be great to have a paid button on the order itself. When I am doing accounting, and receive the list of paid jobs form my client, and search the job to see who is getting paid, there should be a button there to mark it paid instead of having to enter the whole check as one. Would save a ton of time!

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • SafeMode Login

This idea would be to be able to log into Field-Comm without actually being able to view Documents/Report Forms/Photos. It's sort of like SafeMode for Windows where you can access the files but you wouldn't be able to view them within Field-Comm. The point of this would be to be able to quickly enter a work order maybe make a few quick edits and then hop back out of the order. Currently I think most people can agree if the work order has 300+ photos this is not a fast process at all.

Ideally this process would still allow you…

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Ahmad – Thank you for your suggestion. We are aware that as the number of photos and attachments added to an order increase, the time to load the order drastically increases. This is a software engineering challenge that we are working on. We are actively in the process of researching new ways to deliver the best possible outcome – providing the ability to open an order quickly and efficiently AND also have access to all of the important order information (such as attachments) that you have come to expect. We will be providing more details as information becomes available.

• Add the abillity for items in the document folder to follow history, like items in the Report Forms folder.

Currently we cannot look up added documents from a previous order on a property from within the filing cabinet of a workorder. In order to see if there were any documents in the past you have to open all previous workorders. Since some documents may pertain only to a specific workorder and some may pertain to the property you may want to ad a checkbox to indicate which document should follow history and which are for just the specific work order.

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Give us more flexibility with the field-comm service scheduler

Give the service scheduler more intelligence than just making an order every other week.
                            1. Let us make a schedule that creates a new order X days after the previous order is completed. There should also be rules allowing us to limit this to a maximum number of times a month.
                            2. Create the order on specific days of the month. For example: the first day of the month. The first Monday of the month. The first and third Friday of the month. The last day of the month.

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Feature Request to assist with Scheduling

Add an order status "Scheduled" between "New Order & "In-Field" and possibly have the ability to select the respective "Appointment Date" when setting it to that status. If not able to set the appointment date when setting that staus it would beneficial to add a batch function " Change Appointment Date" between "Change Due Date" & "Change Received Date"

I'd really like to get some feedback on how other people are doing their scheduling with multiple in house crews.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. In terms of scheduling assistance, I believe that using FIeld-Comm’s custom columns could help you – you could create a column relating to the scheduled service and place a tag in there when the order was scheduled. You can even update the Column Chooser statuses using the Batch Functions. There is no current batch function for updating the Appointment Date, so this feature request would need to be worked on. Finally, to address your last question – Field-Comm has the ability to automatically assign orders to your vendors based on where the order is located, and how many orders are currently assigned to the vendors. Most of the larger offices take advantage of this feature. If you would like to know more about the custom columns or the vendor assignment, I would encourage you to call our Customer Care department at 860-761-0001 ext 2. (FC-2277,…

• Don't move orders to the oubound queue when the vendor does not have FC

We have a constant problem of people sending to field when the receiving party does not have Field-Comm. This causes an unnecessary buildup of orders in the outbound queue. I propose that either orders not get sent to this queue if the receiver does not have Field-Comm or have a button to automatically clear them out.

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

David – Thank you for your suggestion. I agree that this would make a fantastic addition to Field-Comm, and would also be beneficial by making the filtering of the Outbound Orders more similar to the filtering of the Outbound Results (which do get filtered if the results cannot be sent through Exchange). (FC-2307)

• Remove Duplicate Photos

There should be a way to automatically remove duplicate images within an order. Sometimes we will receive too many photos in an order and the user can't even open the order. With the latest version of fc, you are already able to detect duplicates. If there were some way that they could be removed within the same order, this would be a big help.

5 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Tracking Work Order Status

Imagine tagging an order as "TRACKED" similar to marking an order as "RUSH", but instead of seeing it on the order you receive email notifications anytime that order changes status.

For example an order goes from In-Field -> Received From Field, you receive an email notifying you of the status change. This could be used to track high priority orders more efficiently with a simple email!

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Add invoices to the "Apply Receipts Screen" by entering source work-order numbers

Currently you can only add invoices to a check in the "apply receipts" screen (in accounting) by entering either the invoice number or the client w/o number. Some of our clients send us only the source w/o number when paying us. Also sometimes a client gives us a client w/o number that has many multiples. The abillity to add invoices by entering the source w/o number would help. This should also be added to the new bulk import feature as a third option (besides client w/o# or Invoice #)

Another thing that would help is to display the Invoice date…

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • A faster way to work with pictures on large jobs

I submit a good deal of photos on my jobs.. average 350 per. alot of the bigger jobs I do are as much as 600 to even 900 photos. and I average about 7 completed orders a day. some days less and some days more.. I try to still get out in the field and work with my guys but I am tied up in the office alot lately, as we get busier it seems I spend alot of nights working to complete orders.. I would like to find a technique where the system would let me exit from photos…

24 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Brian, your suggestion about speeding up the photo tasks has received a lot of popularity in the votes, and we would be very excited to get your ideas. Could you share some more details with me on how you are currently being held back with the photos, and in which ways we could make the photos more efficient for you? (FC-2186)

• View and sort WO Categories in the Exchange Inbox

Ability to view (without clicking plus sign to expand) and sort WO's by category in the Exchange Inbox would be nice

2 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

The services that are found within the work orders in the Exchange screen are collapsed by default to keep the screen organized. If you would like to expand each line at once, you can do so by right-clicking within the grid, and choosing ‘Expand All’ from the menu that opens.
                                            Being able to enable the ‘Job Categories’ column within that screen would definitely be useful, and I would love to see us integrate that. (FC-249)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Field-Comm.net

Feedback and Knowledge Base